Career Questions tagged Mathteacher

Jennifer L.’s Avatar
Jennifer L. Aug 17, 2018 457 views

An an aspiring high school mathematics teacher. what are some tips or activities I could use to engage my students in learning and make it enjoyable and fun instead of sitting in classroom for almost 2 hours?

Mathematics is one of the few subjects students struggle on and I aspire to be the teacher who make math exciting and easy to learn, but I have no clue on how to teach my students specific concepts in order for them to understand it. mathteacher educationmajor highschool teacher...

study teaching

Ashley D.’s Avatar
Ashley D. Jan 24, 2018 307 views

I want to be a high school math teacher and wondered if it is better to major in math or in secondary education with an endorsement in math.

I have my associates degree and have worked at a community college towards a math degree so that I can teach high school math. The school I am transferring to has suggested it would be best to switch my major to a secondary education major to get practice with teaching. The professors at...

mathteacher secondary-education math

Jesse M.’s Avatar
Jesse M. Jan 22, 2018 292 views

I want to be a teacher and I don't know the best steps to do that or even the direction to take, all I know is that I have to go to college and get my Bachelors degree. So, is there anyone who can help guide me in the right direction?

I'm asking because I want to be a teacher once I get out of high school, specifically a math teacher. I'm currently a Junior and I've always been good at math as long as I try, it just comes natural. So with that said I think being a math teacher would work out well for me I just don't know how...

mathteacher career teacher math

Mackenzie M.’s Avatar
Mackenzie M. Jan 18, 2018 350 views

If I become a teacher is it responsible to move from state to state?

I know a lot of states offer pensions to teachers. I would like to experience life in many states but I am curious about how long I need to stay in a single state in order to accumulate a pension. pension mathteacher highschoolteacher...

traveling