Which SL or HL score is better for college?

2

Would it be better to have a 7 in SL or a 6 in HL for college admissions? How are SL and HL scores taken into account in relation to AP course scores?

#college #college-advice #college-admissions #college-selection #ib #internationalbaccalaureate

2

Paul’s Answer

0
Hi Yazmeen,

I took IB and AP in high school so hopefully I can shed some light on this subject. A 7 on an SL test and a 6 on HL are both fantastic scores that weigh about equally when taken into account that the 6 is for a higher level class. In account to an AP test - unfortunately a 7 isn't any better than a 5. So for example, your 7 (SL) and 6 (HL) would equate to about a 5 on an AP test of the same class subject. Furthermore, a 5-6 (SL) and a 5 (HL) would be about a 4 on an AP test.

Sincerely,

Paul
0

Ryan’s Answer

0
I'd suggest looking at the scores that the colleges you're applying for will accept. For example, some colleges might have different score requirements for you to get credit.
0