What colleges are specialized in helping students who don't quite have a career idea?

3

#help #colleges Just a little confused and clueless about what I want to do.
#undecided #undecided-major #college-majors

3

Andrea’s Answer

1

Any college that has a Career Services office should be able to help you learn about what you are interested in for a career. Often you have to seek out these offices actively and take the initiative! I would also recommend meeting with the professors of classes you like to learn more about different career paths in that area. Some colleges offer a "Co-Op" program where you can have internships for credit while in school. I've found these are really good for students that are not sure what they want to do and want to get some practical experiences while in school. Two examples of these to look into are Northeastern University and Drexel University!

1

Megan’s Answer

0

Hi Marco - I would recommend researching the career centers at colleges you're considering. Ideally their website will describe career discernment services, job fairs, resume reviews and interview prep so you can understand the resources available. Once you're on campus, you should be able to make an appointment and speak with a career counselor about your interests and what you're looking to get out of a career. One last suggestion - if you're not sure what you want to do, I would recommend a college with a broad range of majors you might be interested in, as it's easier to change majors than to transfer schools.

In case it's helpful, my alma mater has a lot of info on career discernment you might find helpful at https://undergradcareers.nd.edu/discernment/ - best of luck!

0