I would like to be a Medical Doctor, what steps should I take to get experience.

Asked Atlanta, Georgia

ROBIN’s Answer

Updated Lake City, Colorado

We hosted a college student one summer who is now about to graduate from medical school. She enjoyed volunteering at a local community clinic and was getting experience in patient intake and taking vital signs such as temperature and blood pressure. She also weighed the patients. She learned about the medical charts and had limited patient interaction. She did not receive payment for her time as it was only as a volunteer. Yet, this was excellent experience for her as she prepared to begin medical school.

If you need to earn money for college, then seek a position in any medical clinic which is hiring. Even if you are only answering phones and making appointments it will be beneficial to be in a clinic setting to observe its operation.

Hope you will find an opportunity related to the medical field this summer!