What are some things I should be study to become a Computer Science Engineer

7

Hello, I'm in 10th grade and want to be a Computer Science Engineer. I was wondering about the class and subjects I should be study for the future. What should I do? #science #engineer #computer #technology #education #help #learning #google

7

Eric’s Answer

2

As Leslie said, math is very good. Subjects that apply math, like Economics, can also be good, as a way to get you thinking about how math can be used in the real world.

Some high schools over programming classes. These, especially the AP ones, are very valuable.

Whether you can take any programming classes or not, if you can start to practice programming on your own, it will give you a huge leg up. https://www.codecademy.com/ is a good resource for this, and there are others. This also can help you determine whether you are actually interested in following a career in programming.

As you reach your junior and senior years, look for colleges which talk about their computer science programs, and if you can, ask about majoring in Computer Science.

Thanks! Really appreciate it! Javier A.
2

Tamela’s Answer

2

Do you have any local junior colleges or universities near you? They may offer summer programs that expose pre collegiate students to computer science and engineering programs as well as supplement and complement the classes needed for admission.For example, my undergraduate matriculation at Prarie View A&M University use to have high school students spend their summer exposing them to careers in the Sciences. It would be great if your local colleges have something like that. Nin time of ten these sane students were recruited with scholarships to attend the university when they graduated from high school.

Worth looking into!

Hope this helps!
TM

Thanks! Really appreciate it! Javier A.
2

Daniel’s Answer

2

A big +1 to the recommendations for math. The more math the better. While there's a very good chance you won't actually use math at all on the job, it is the best (or only?) exposure you're going to get to logic in high school.

My next biggest recommendation would actually be a good class in writing, if your school has one. Specifically something that focuses on constructing arguments in writing. Any job in software is going to require you to communicate with others, often times through writing. Getting a leg up here will help a lot. As an added bonus, it will help you through any future classes that make you write papers in the future (you'll do so many that you will be able to knock them out quickly).

Thanks! Really appreciate it! Javier A.
2

Leslie’s Answer

1

Hi Javier,
You definitely want to focus on math if you are interested in computer science. A lot of the logic of programming comes from math, so I would put your focus there!

Hope that helps!

Thanks! Really appreciate it! Javier A.
1

Giles’s Answer

1

Software programming is obviously step one. High level languages like Python are a great start. Java is very common, and teaches about object oriented programming. If you have a chance, c++ is a good way to understand more of the core details of programming.

Step two is building something! Writing code to solve a problem is cool. Writing something which a user would use teaches you how much more there is to programming than just coding. The art of making something usable, tieing up all of the loose ends to actually deliver something, thinking through a project from beginning to end, that is even more valuable.
In a college application, you could say "I programmed a sorting algorithm" or "I wrote an app released on an android phone, that helped me connect with my friends, available in the App Store. Or, I wrote a web page to do xxxx. I gave away hundreds of free copies, and even added features based on feedback. Even our teachers asked for a copy to learn about the students." That is a "wow" item. And, I've never met a teenager without ideas!

1

Ken’s Answer

1

Hi Javier!

Here are a few sites that will tell you much about becoming a computer engineer:

http://www.learnhowtobecome.org/computer-engineer/

http://study.com/articles/Be_a_Computer_Science_Engineer_Career_Information_and_Requirements.html

I would like to follow your progress! Please keep me informed!

Thanks! Really appreciate it! Javier A.
1

Meenakshi’s Answer

0

Hi Javier,

First of all, All the best to achieve your goal in future.

There are so many options available. I would recommend you to study 4 years course in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Software Engineering to achieve the same.

You could refer below link for more details:

https://www.onlineengineeringprograms.com/faq/how-to-become-a-computer-engineer

Hope this helps!

0

Meenakshi’s Answer

0

Hi Javier,

First of all, All the best to achieve your goals in future.

There are many options available. I would suggest you to do 4 years of Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Software Engineering course that would definitely help you achiving the goal.

You can refer below link for more details:

Hope this helps!

0