Which is the best college to teach about engineering

Asked San Diego, California

Peter’s Answer

Updated Kent, Washington

One of the best engineering schools is in your own backyard, Carlos. Its the Jacobs School of Engineering at UC San Diego, my Alma Mater by the way. The School is ranked in the top 10 US Colleges of Engineering. I suggest that you contact the University and arrange for a Tour.

Good Luck, Pete Sturtevant, PE-Civil

G. Mark’s Answer

I wouldn't worry too much about the prestige of a school when studying engineering. It may be a way to get your foot in the door in some cases, but remember that engineering is a closely-regulated and specific science, and sloppy engineers just don't get very far. A college that is accredited will be providing course material that is as good as other colleges. The problems you will be required to solve with your background will train you to become a certified Professional Engineer, and if you have not sufficiently mastered the necessary skills, it will become apparent when you can't pass the exams. This will tell you what you need to study. And colleges and the associated professors are well aware of these exams and what they entail.

Jess’s Answer

Refer to US news rankings of schools for engineering: https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-engineering-schools/eng-rankings

Hi Jess, Thanks for this answer! Any key points in this link that you like?