Your situation and struggle is understandable. I was once in the same position. Even though I was unable to get an internship, I would like to suggest you with some valuable information that will hopefully help you to reach your goal. Make sure to consider options ahead of time because you'll not only have to consider your options regarding career positions but additionally anticipate about your university's requirements. There'll be numerous options for you out there however, not every option will be relevant to your requirements set by university. Furthermore, set your mind with list of options you're desiring to intern. Please, I do recommend some personal research prior to further exploration because it'll help you comprehend the pros and cons of your current state of mind. That way your mind is organized and is aware of what to look for. Surplus, contact your nearby companies that offer internships for exploration and see if it resonates with you and your university's requirements. I hope you find this helpful.
Sableen recommends the following next steps:
- Avoid confusion and refresh your mind
- List your internship options
- University's requirements
- University's requirements associating with career options
- Personal research (online > Indeed/Local Universities/Organizations/etc) and/or phone local companies for further inquiry