What is a day like as a certified nursing assistant?

Updated Waimanalo Beach, HI

I'm from Guam, attending Hawaii Job Corps and I'm interested in learning more about becoming a certified nursing assistant. #healthcare #nursing-education #nurse #nursing #hospital-and-healthcare #medicine #medical #nursing-assistant #cna

Elizabeth’s Answer

Updated Manvel, Texas

I previously took classes to be a nursing assistant but I did not finish. A nursing assistant job is very different from being a nurse and I would like to point that out. You will actually be bathing, dressing and even helping to feed patients. The benefit of becoming a certified nursing assistant or certified nursing aide is that it’s a relatively quick program that you can do. However, if you have a general desire to do more active things on the medical side then I would suggest a medical assistant. A medical assistant program is relatively quick as well but generally you start out with a little higher pay and you’re normally in a doctors office.

Elizabeth recommends the following next steps:

• Look up local nurses aide programs In your area and download their curriculums and do the same with medical assistant programs and compare.
Thank you very much for replying. This was extremely helpful and I will do the comparison between them.