If you could go back in time and start all over again, would you change anything in your career path? Would you do anything differently?

I am a senior student at Brennan High School. I’m looking into the dermatology field because I struggled with acne and i would like to help people feel confident in their own skin. college student career dermatologist medicine doctor healthcare skin

2

The path to a career in surgery is long and requires a great deal of sacrifice, but no, I would not change anything about it. I find medicine and specifically surgery, to be a very rewarding field. I look forward to many more years of practice.
0

Rana’s Answer

Hi Andrea,

I am happy that someone did have this question in mind. :)

So I will start with the time when I graduated from college, I had an offer in hand from a big firm. I was really happy what I learnt in college, as it did paid me well in interviews. I joined the firm where I was working as a software Engineer, however things didn't well went, and I had to quit do to my health condition. I worked there for around a year and half, however could not learn enough that could benefit me in my coming life. Did my masters then in DSP, which was a different track from computer networking or what you call the common software world. After that again I was selected for a software company, which I feel was good for my career, however I could not relate to either what I learnt in my Bachelors or masters.

Hence as per my past, the thing that I would do change is the stream in which I did my graduation, and most probably choose the computer software domain, so that it will do help me in the real software world.

0

Linda’s Answer

Yes, I would change my career path. Mind you, I loved being a sociology professor, but I would have chosen to be an epidemiologist if I had known anything about this field when I was in high school or college. I never heard the word until I was hired as an interviewer at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. By that time, I was writing my dissertation in sociology. I felt I was to far into sociology to reverse my career path. So, I guess the lesson is to expose yourself to different careers. Career Services Offices or Centers might be helpful once you are in university.
0