How do deal with living in a dorm

4

Theres a 25% chance ill have to study out of town, how do i get a dorm #college #studying-tips #college-bound #help

4

Mackenzi’s Answer

0
Hey Raquel,

Dorms are so fun to live in. Everyone else has covered how to deal with living in a dorm, but if you are struggling to find a roommate, I would suggest joining the Facebook group for your class. I found my roommate by joining the Facebook group for incoming students in my class and reading through the posts from people looking for roommates. If there aren't any recent ones, I would suggest writing a blurb about yourself and posting it on the page.
0

Daniel’s Answer

0
Hi Raquel,

As a freshman I remember how stressful it can feel selecting the college you want to attend and rooming in an unknown space. The best advice I can give is to try to make it feel like home for the semesters. I recommend looking on Facebook for college group chats where you can talk to other upcoming students and possibly find a roommate. I'd also look at opportunities your college may offer because some colleges offer programs that match you with people with common interests or majors. Just remember home will always be there when you get back, but this will be your college experience that you won't regret having.

Good Luck,
Dan
0

Kaela’s Answer

0

Hello Raquel,

Remember it is a temporary situation and time frame of normally only 4 semesters. Even if you do not "click" with your roommate it is only for a short time. See it as a location to sleep and possibly study but focus on finding relationships, friends and places to hang out outside of the 14x10 ft room.

Thanks!

Kaela

0

KB’s Answer

0
Others have answered how to deal with living in a dorm, so I'm going to hit your second question. Getting a dorm is simple. Most colleges will have dorm applications on their websites. If not, you can call their office and request to speak with housing. Have an idea of what you want and what your budget is, and pay attention to your receipt. One time, a mistake caused me to be up-charged for a single person room when I was sharing with a roommate - glad I caught that!
0

Keri’s Answer

0

The best thing is to make your small space belong to you, so you are the most comfortable there. Also, make connections with the kids around you. You are most likely all going through this for the first time, so use that as a bonding experience.

0