What do you find most enjoyable about your job ?

11

I am a senior at Brennan High School Interested in going into the business field. #business #entrepreneur #business-management #marketing...

11

Cheryl’s Answer

1
Joey - Every day is a new day for an opportunity to MAKE SOMEONES day! That is my outlook when I walk into the office.
I enjoy the diversity of being an Executive Assistant at AT&T. I look forward to taking on new projects, coordinating calendars and helping my team be the best they can be by being positive and helpful. I believe it is critical to choose a career that you have true passion. Invest in yourself by taking full advantage of personal learning and career growth opportunities. Good Luck !
1

Jennifer’s Answer

1
I love the constant day to day change. You never know what you are going to get in terms of assignments It keeps things exciting. I also love the people I work with!!!
1

steve’s Answer

1
First find something you are interested in ...... I have been with my company for 25 years now and I truly enjoy the position I am in..... Seeing the culture I have built in mentoring reps and watching them succeed with the skills I have thought is really my greatest reward.. Find a job where its not a job..... You need to enjoy what you do and not just go to work...... Build your future. If you ever wake up and really dont wont to go to work. Time to find something you want to do and enjoy to do.
1

Peter’s Answer

1

I've had the opportunity to work in a range of companies and at various levels and to me it comes down to a couple of key things that determine whether or not my experiences are enjoyable. The first relates to the people you work with and the culture of the environment you work in. Regardless of how you look at things you'll likely spend more time with your work colleagues each week than you spend with your family (at least while you are awake that is). Get it wrong and your days will be long and unfulfilling regardless of how interesting the work might be. Get it right and the day will fly by. A positive, inclusive, collaborative culture with a diverse set of colleagues that bring different perspectives to the table is key to finding enjoyment in the work space. The second is to find a company that does something you are interested in or that you see brings tremendous value to the market. Being able to speak passionately about what your company does and how you contribute to that definitely increases the level of enjoyment you get back in return.

1

Conn’s Answer

1
I truly enjoy helping develop the individuals on my team. Working with them to mature in all phases of their role at AT&T (presenting, business planning, managing internal/external relationships, and driving results). Similar to a teacher, coach, or mentor, I get the most out of my team's success and the pride they take home to their families and personal lives. I believe we work to live and while hard work is unavoidable (if you want to succeed), achievement certainly ups the quality of life, income, and one's sense of progress.

Earlier in my career when I was a direct seller, I really enjoyed the customer interaction, the pressure to succeed, and the feeling of accomplishment when I was at the top of the stack ranking. In our field, the constantly changing technology and customer demands kept the job interesting too.

If you had asked me what I thought I would enjoy about my career when I was in high school, I would have been overly preoccupied with the title, company, or salary (none of which is the cornerstone of my enjoyment in my career).

Are you looking to start a career out of high school or heading to college? If the latter, you have plenty of time to figure out what you enjoy and what you want to pursue. It's likely to change as you get older too.
1

Stuart’s Answer

0
I enjoy the business culture and leadership environment of my job. Work colleagues are more like teammates that we count on each other to be successful. We trust each other. Trust is built on doing the right thing, having a strong moral compass, and leadership taking care of their team. Without trust, there is wasted energy and worry in the office, rather than being laser focused on work tasks.
0

Conn’s Answer

0

0

Mark’s Answer

0

I enjoy working for a later stage start up company based out of San Francisco as a "Sr. Recruiter." The work I do to find talent is very enjoyable changing peoples lives for the positive. I enjoy seeing the people in our company develop and grow in their roles with each quarter that passes. My day typically has a plan but there is a part of it that require me to be flexible and adjust, adjusting within the minute or times within the hour based on the business need. It doesn't feel like work to me and I'd say find what you love to do and turn it into a career.

0

James’s Answer

0

Joey what do you find enjoyable? Collaborative or individual-oriented tasks? Hierarchical or flat corporate structure? Predictable/stable vs. reactive responses? Focused vs. multitasking? Travelling or staying put? Talking to customers or managing back office tasks? Often times younger folks like to challenge themselves in a fast-paced, start-up environment where they can wear multiple hats and be exposed to many different areas until they identify what they like or don't like. Others may want to start their careers in bigger, established corporations with better job security but they are presented with opportunities to rotate to other departments after learning what they like or don't like. In my case, I like working with smart, motivated professionals who are well-aware of our responsibilities and perform our tasks to the best of our abilities. I have rotated a few times in my career and eventually found my place in my current group which I enjoy tremendously.

0

Tia’s Answer

0
Hi Joey!

First and foremost- my peers! Having team members that I work well with and being on a team where everyone values all input is truly rewarding in itself and speaks a lot for the company culture!

I also love that I work in a dynamic industry and I learn something new every day! It is never boring and each day is a little different.

I enjoy making a difference. I may be 1 person in a large company, but I am 1 part of a team that works together to make things better for the company and the people in which it serves. What we do together matters to me, because we are making a positive impact.

0

Diego’s Answer

0

Continuous Learning and Differentiated Knowledge....this is why I love my job at Cisco!

Every quarter I deal with new products, new technologies, the latest & greatest Design Engineering requirements in the Industry I'm interested in, the most innovative technology suppliers.

Working for a company is a two-way commitment: They pay you to get your help, and you learn, stay up-dated and differentiate your experience and education. It

0

Jennifer’s Answer

0
0