Could you describe one of your typical work days ?

5

I am a senior at Brennan High School. I am interested in going into the business field. #business #entrepreneur #business-management #marketing #management

5

Melissa’s Answer

0
My day is very typical to Douglas. Before I tell you about my day let me give you a little background. I've been with AT&T over 20 years. I started in sales which is most entry level positions because it is where you learn about the company and its' clients. If sales is not your thing, you usually have to be in sales for at least 2 years before moving around. I did different type of sales jobs for a little over 12 years. As a salesperson, your day is filled mostly with calling clients or visiting them. Rest of the time is preparing proposals, submitting orders, team meetings, one on one with management, and a bit of admin. After I did sales, I moved over to SalesOps which is supporting sales but with no quota. My current day is filled with conference calls all day long with various team members across the world to accomplish several deliverables. Very typical to have conference calls at 7 am or 7 pm. This year I've worked weekends and late nights...even a little on vacation. Last statement I want to make is that though I got my bachelors in business management, I have had several jobs/roles that were nothing close to business management. My current role is almost like project management combined with external affairs...not what I went to school for. Keep an open mind because the journey will take you beyond what you could imagine!
0

D'Lynne’s Answer

0
I'm a Human Resources Director. I address many different issues in my typical work day. I am responsible for the welfare of employees and management and communication between the two. I may work on employee benefits......help an employee resolve a problem they are having with the employer sponsored health insurance plan or work through a retirement plan strategy. I may work on advertising an open position or review applications for a position that is currently being filled. I might interview applicants or perform back ground checks. I may work on personnel policies or research state and federal laws regarding employment or I might review contracts from third party administrators of employee benefits. I might hold meetings between supervisors and employees who are working through issues. I may organize management leadership training or establish employee recognition programs. I may research and analyze wages and salaries to insure that the employer is paying a competitive rate. I may create job descriptions or modify website announcements or meet with management regarding budget for the organization's personnel salaries and benefits. My job is very rewarding. I am the only one in the large organization that knows every other person who works for the organization and who gets to interact with both management and staff.
0

Kassandra’s Answer

0

I have a full time day job and a business. So while it may not be exactly what you're looking for, it does matter. I own my own digital marketing agency. If you're starting on your own, you have to wear many hats (unless you are a direct sales rep for a company).

There is no typical work day. But whatever you do, you need to be consistent. This could include:

• making new connections
  • following up (fortune is in the follow up)
  • creating funnels for leads and/or purchases
  • creating content for your target market

Kassandra recommends the following next steps:

• Think about who you wish to serve (your target market)
  • What are their pain points, their wants/needs/desires?
  • What solutions are you aware of that you could provide or work towards to create a solution for them?
  • Learn keyword research to ensure people are looking for what you do
0

Joseph’s Answer

0
I work in eCommerce sales for a telecommunications company. The objective of my team is to increase the number of sales coming from our website and app. A typical day involves working with many teams across the organization, from Finance to get approval to run new promotions, to Legal to get sign-off that we're disclosing the right information to customers as to not put the company at risk of being sued, to working with Designers and Developers to create the actual pages customers will interact with, among many others. Interpersonal skills are very important. I am in meetings with people most of the day strategizing, gaining buy-in, and reading out on the results of our projects. There's a lot of collaboration and cross-team agreement that takes place.
0

Douglas’s Answer

0

As a individual Contributor in a large corporation a lot of your time during the day is spent on trying to balancing/prioritizing your workload. During everyday you have meetings either ones you setup or ones you need to attend. Additionally, you may have requests from your boss to provide them information on a project. You will need to be proficient using various software tools like Excel, Word, and Powerpoint as a start in order to perform your job. You get requests all the time from your management or from your internal clients so you need to balance your workload

0