Could you describe one of your typical work days ?

I am a senior at Brennan High School. I am interested in going into the business field. #business #entrepreneur #business-management #marketing #management

Melissa’s Answer

My day is very typical to Douglas. Before I tell you about my day let me give you a little background. I've been with AT&T over 20 years. I started in sales which is most entry level positions because it is where you learn about the company and its' clients. If sales is not your thing, you usually have to be in sales for at least 2 years before moving around. I did different type of sales jobs for a little over 12 years. As a salesperson, your day is filled mostly with calling clients or visiting them. Rest of the time is preparing proposals, submitting orders, team meetings, one on one with management, and a bit of admin. After I did sales, I moved over to SalesOps which is supporting sales but with no quota. My current day is filled with conference calls all day long with various team members across the world to accomplish several deliverables. Very typical to have conference calls at 7 am or 7 pm. This year I've worked weekends and late nights...even a little on vacation. Last statement I want to make is that though I got my bachelors in business management, I have had several jobs/roles that were nothing close to business management. My current role is almost like project management combined with external affairs...not what I went to school for. Keep an open mind because the journey will take you beyond what you could imagine!

Kassandra’s Answer

I have a full time day job and a business. So while it may not be exactly what you're looking for, it does matter. I own my own digital marketing agency. If you're starting on your own, you have to wear many hats (unless you are a direct sales rep for a company).

There is no typical work day. But whatever you do, you need to be consistent. This could include:

• making new connections
  • following up (fortune is in the follow up)
  • creating funnels for leads and/or purchases
  • creating content for your target market

Kassandra recommends the following next steps:

• Think about who you wish to serve (your target market)
  • What are their pain points, their wants/needs/desires?
  • What solutions are you aware of that you could provide or work towards to create a solution for them?
  • Learn keyword research to ensure people are looking for what you do

Douglas’s Answer

As a individual Contributor in a large corporation a lot of your time during the day is spent on trying to balancing/prioritizing your workload. During everyday you have meetings either ones you setup or ones you need to attend. Additionally, you may have requests from your boss to provide them information on a project. You will need to be proficient using various software tools like Excel, Word, and Powerpoint as a start in order to perform your job. You get requests all the time from your management or from your internal clients so you need to balance your workload