- Research the company
- Practice interviewing with a friend/family member
- Dress professionally and be on time (5 minutes early). Make sure you print out copies of your resume and bring them with you as well
- Proper interview etiquette is important. Remember to greet the receptionist, your interviewer, and everyone else you meet politely, pleasantly, and enthusiastically. During the interview, watch your body language; shake hands firmly and make eye contact as you articulate your points. Pay attention, be attentive, and look interested. This is something you can work on in your practice interviews.
- During a job interview, listening is just as important as answering questions. If you're not paying attention, you're not going to be able to give a good response. It's important to listen to the interviewer, pay attention, and take time, if you need it, to compose an appropriate answer. It's also important to discuss your qualifications in a way that will impress the interviewer.
- Make sure you ask questions about things that may be important to you (company culture, etc...). And always follow up with a thank you note or email.