What kinds of student organizations should I join in college?

5

I'm a junior in high school right now, and I really want to go to medical school. I'm not sure what kinds of organizations are available to join or where I want to go, but I want to do everything I can to become a doctor.
#premed #doctor #college #healthcare

5

Dante’s Answer

0
You will need to look for organizations that do community-based activities that can expose you to doing outreach work. A simple Google search can help.

You can always go to www.volunteermatch.org also on behalf of general volunteer work. Volunteering is a great way to get experience and network also (and will help with your resume and college applications). And look into your local hospital's Volunteer Service's department to see if you can volunteer during the summer.

As for college, you can go to the college's Student Life office once you move on campus to help you.
0

Angela D.’s Answer

0
Another great question! Organizations are important, but so is volunteering at a hospital/clinic as Dante recommended. You can also obtain your First Aid/CPR certifications. You can explore becoming a Junior EMT while in high school and that can lead to a full EMT certification after you turn 18-years-old. This will give you valuable experience in the field and a greater understanding of emergency medicine. Wishing you the best in your endeavors, Dr. B

https://learn.org/articles/What_is_a_Junior_EMT.html
https://www.redcross.org/take-a-class/emt
0

Blake’s Answer

0
Hey Henry,

I think you should find clubs that have similar interests as you do. I also think sports clubs are fun as well.

Thanks,
Blake
0

0
I recommend joining any student organization that you find interesting and like to talk about. These organizations just show that you are well-rounded and give you conversation topics during interviews. If you are an officer, they can also demonstrate leadership.
0

0
Pre-health organizations can be valuable. You might meet a mentor who can assist you in the application process. Or they can help you find research or volunteering opportunities.
0