I love to travel a lot. Other than jobs like pilot and flight attendant what other jobs are in flight that makes me to travel a lot

10

Courtney’s Answer

Hi Megha - I love to travel too! One idea is a flight equipment technician. I also came across this blog which found interesting: https://www.osmaviationacademy.com/blog/7-surprising-career-options-for-pilots. Good luck in your search and enjoy the adventures!

2

Eleanor’s Answer

Hi Megha,

I have a friend that is a nurse who travels extensively. She takes contract jobs around the country, saves her money then takes one month a year to travel abroad. She has worked in Alaska and Hawaii, New Orleans and New York... She then spent a month in Italy one year, a month in New Zealand another year, etc.

If you aren't interested in being a nurse but are interested in the medical field, look at jobs that need technical skills like imaging. Some companies have technicians that travel the country and the world training people in how to use their equipment.

2

Priya’s Answer

Jobs that require travel or allow you to travel as you work, so you can get out there and start adventuring.

Cruise Ship Worker
Travel Agent
Customer Service Agent
International Aid Worker
Foreign Service Officer
Consultant
English Teacher
Au Pair
Tour Guide
Telemedicine
Writer
Ski Instructor
Engineer
Scuba Diving Instructor

0

Christine’s Answer

Hello Megha,

You might check out the maritime industry. Being a crew member on ship can provide you with opportunities to travel all over the world plus the time off to pursue travel in your time off!

Christine recommends the following next steps:

Check out the Indian Maritime University https://www.imu.edu.in/
Saved!
Follow Reshma Nilofer (@reshmanilofer) on instagram- she's an Indian harbor pilot in Kolkata
Saved!
Check out Women Offshore that shares the stories of women working in various roles on the water https://womenoffshore.org/
Saved!

0

Tiffany’s Answer

Hello Megha!

Have you ever considered something like a travel guide? I work with Adventures By Disney, and though my particular role is just based in Florida with the theme parks, Adventures by Disney has lots of roles based in travel. They have "Adventure Guides" that guarantee every part of the trip is attended to. They get to learn about the places they visit and provide great connections to people, places, and cultures for our guests. It isn't necessarily a career based in flying, but it is definitely one based in travel.

Good luck with your career!!

0

Irene’s Answer

Hi Megha,

I've been working for large Tech companies that have manufacturing plants in different parts of Asia. I have to go there every 3 months approximately to supervise the production. I studied Industrial Engineering and work as a Hardware Program Manager (same as project manager). I also have a friend that studied Electrical engineering and worked for a large oil company. She used to have to travel to many different parts of the world to oversee oil extraction base. Same as other answers, you may not travel as much as a pilot, but at the same time you travel quite a bit, get awesome pay and benefits, don't get as intense jetlag.

Irene

0

Tiffany’s Answer

Hello Megha!

Good luck with your career!!

0

Tim’s Answer

Although it's not a "flight" related job, my sister is a study abroad adviser for a university, which is a job that naturally lends itself to a lot of travel. She's been all over the world and then some for her job.

But another thing I might add is you might want to consider the military if you're serious about travelling and aviation. There are multiple opportunities in every branch of the military, not just the Air Force, to work in aviation, and you're almost guaranteed to see the world in the armed forces, even if you have a non-aviation related job.

0

Jarenn’s Answer

Hi Megha,

My husband and I both got our undergraduate degrees in Business (myself in Human Resources and his is in Entrepreneurship) and we have worked for large Fortune 500 companies that have provided us the opportunities to travel for work in various states and countries. Currently, my husband does consulting work for a tech company and also needs to travel heavily for that too. You may want to consider what companies or industries are global and have opportunities for travel if you are interested in pursuing business down the line!

Separately, I also just love to travel for fun so when you have a company that allows you to collect airline and hotel mileage on your personal account while you do business travel, that' s a bonus as it can help cover the costs of your own personal trips too!

0

Dexter’s Answer

Hi Megha,

My friend is a senior manager in IT who oversees data-centers and IT personnel all over the world. He used to love it, but as his kids are getting older and with the travel being relentless, he kinda lost his love for travel. He used to spend 30% of this time traveling, and he has been to every continent except for Antarctica. His wife is a manager in IT who oversees contractors in different parts of North America, and she travels a bit too.

If you're interested in IT, there seems to be plenty of opportunities for travel if you manage people that aren't local.

--
Dexter

0

Carlos’s Answer

Hi Megha,

I've done work in both sales and consulting and they've both given me the opportunity to travel extensively. Both are great options if you like visiting new places, building relationships with your clients, helping them solve problems, and constantly learn new things/skills. They're also broad enough in the sense that you can build your expertise in any given industry/process/etc. and then leverage that skillset.

Hope this helps!
Carlos

0

Jarenn’s Answer

Hi Megha,

0