What is the fastest growing job in the business industry right now?

I'd like to focus my education/schooling on the fastest growing aspect of the business industry. #business #career #career-counseling #money #career-choice #career-path

Wayne’s Answer

Adrian, this is a good question but a very broad topic. The business industry is very complicated and diverse with many different branches like technology, accounting, legal compliance, international relations, sales, support, etc. etc. etc. It sounds like you are looking for ways to tailor your education so that you have the highest chance of getting a job when you graduate. If that is the case, I would recommend looking at this from a different angle. Trying to mold yourself to fit the job works only if you are passionate about the job in the first place. I recommend learning about yourself first. Get with your school counselors and see if they have access to some tools to evaluate your personality type and your strengths. I personally like the "Strength Finder 2.0" which is a book you can get on Amazon with an on line evaluation that identifies the things you are good at and also provides guidance on how to develop those strengths. Once you identify your strengths and or interests and determine if you are more suited for a front line sales job or a support role, you can be better prepared to make a decision about which track to pursue. It does no good to pursue numbers (accounting) if you don't like repetitive work or sales if you are a more reserved individual. Identify your strengths and interests first and then mold your education around those. You will be more successful is you go into a job interview excited about the new role because you like doing it than you will be going in just because you are trained but have no passion for the task. Good luck in your decisions and in the path you choose.

I completely agree with this. Following your passion is a great place to start. The whole "follow your dreams" thing may be convoluted, but doing what interests you is a good start. What you're interested in will change over time as you learn more about industries through school and that's fine. Career paths aren't obvious until you're at a fork in the road you were otherwise unaware existed. People dream of space and working for NASA but don't feel they have what it takes to be an astronaut, without acknowledging the incredibly variety of skillsets needed for every project https://nasajobs.nasa.gov/jobs/occupations.htm In terms of fastest growing... anything tech is blowing up, but so are many other industries. Start with what interests you.