Each person who reviews resumes will have different perspectives, some will contradict with each other!
However, these ideas will work with everyone.
- Make it professional-looking. Absolutely no typos, no silly fonts, etc.
- Do your homework. Know what you are applying to and what it is all about.
- Remember that the purpose of business is to make money. Show how you can help make or save money. Sales, customer service, safety, regulatory compliance, confidentiality, all are important. Work them into your resume. Irate customers go to the internet ---customer service is VERY important.
- Emphasize the quality and quantity of the work that you do.
- write cover letters!
- If interviewed, write thank you notes!