What is the number one interviewing skills you look for in a new social worker?

Updated Providence, Rhode Island

I will be job seeking by the end of summer. #boss #licensed #personal-development #social-work #social

Chelsea’s Answer

Updated Fort Myers, Florida

Hello Jennifer,

The number one thing I look for is an interest in the population you are applying for and an understanding of what models and techniques connect with you as a social worker. If you are passionate about, trauma-informed care for example, tell me why, and give me examples of how you've used this in the past with clients at your internships!

Angela’s Answer

Updated Sunnyvale, California
Hi Jennifer: I agree with other responses, there is no one "right" or "perfect" response. Have great experience, know the specific population you are interviewing for (i.e. youth, older adults/seniors, substance abuse, homeless, etc.) and be able to articulate current trends and effective models of intervention or service. Sound confident, practice interview questions and responses with someone or in front of a mirror and take your time to answer each interview question thoroughly and completely. Good luck!

Updated San Antonio, Texas
Jennifer, Would you please clarify your question for me. Are you asking about skills for job interviewing, or skills for interviewing clients? Thanks. Kim

Yandira’s Answer

Updated New York, New York
Afternoon Jennifer There is no one specific interviewing skill but more how you present yourself and if you are able to articulate your strength as well as your weakness.