What’s the latest and greatest book you’ve read related to mental health, psychology or psychotherapy?

Asked Los Angeles, California

I am always looking for more educational material to read and learn from. These topics in particular are what I am interested in going into as far as careers go. #psychology #career-advice #mental-health #psychotherapy #books

Lainey’s Answer

Updated Norcross, Georgia

since i work in forensic psychology, i like to read books about that, trying to understand criminal behavior. i teach from "criminal behavior" by bartol & bartol. i've read stanton saminov. i think any book you read will be helpful.

Dr. Ray’s Answer

Updated Fort Worth, Texas

Dear Megan,

The following are books I read in the last year and enjoyed;

John Tierney and Roy Baumeister Will Power: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength.

Susan Cain Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking.

Both are written for the layman but do a good job of describing the science behind their conclusions.

Keep reading! Ray Finn, Ph.D.

JW’s Answer

Updated New York, New York

Bare - Psychotherapy Stripped by Jacquline Simon Gunn. The HBO series In Treatment is also very good.

Nadine’s Answer

Updated Stone Mountain, Georgia

Thinking, fast and Slow. Daniel Kahneman