How will I know of college is the right step for me?

Updated Los Angeles, California

In my family, I am apart of the first generation to attend college. Recently, I've gained some doubts about going to college, because most of my family is not supportive of me attending college. I have been accepted to my dream school and enrolled, but I don't know if I'll be able to continue attending if my family doesn't remain supportive. I would really like advice on my situation. #people #college #career-counseling #college-advice

Roland’s Answer

I asked the same question when I was young and I decided to push it off until I was older. Looking back I wish I had taken the time to pursue my education so that I could be a greater asset to my current company and myself. I believe know that the sacrifice of 4 years or more is nothing when you put it against a life time of happiness and knowledge. Knowledge is the one thing that no one can ever take from your. Always strive to better yourself as it can only provide you with a brighter future.

Suzanne’s Answer

I think going to college is a great way to set yourself up for success. If no one in your family supports you, that is ok and it is temporary. Find others who will support you (i.e. your high school counselor or a coach or a friend's parent) and build from there. Take things one day at a time, but stay the course and follow your dreams.