What are the downfalls of being a nurse?

I am thinking about becoming a nurse and I was wondering if there were any major factors that I might want to know about before proceeding a degree. #nursing #nurse #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care

3

Jordan’s Answer

0

Estelle’s Answer

Nursing is a great career. That being said, I am impressed that you are looking at the down sides to a career as well. That is a valuable perspective. Especially now, during the COVID pandemic, nursing can be very stressful dealing with extremely ill patients. Some areas of nursing are particularly taxing such as working in the intensive care units. Other areas have a more relaxed atmosphere such as working in an outpatient clinic. Working in the operating room is exciting and interesting work, but emergencies are high stress there, too. When you start your nursing career, you can explore various areas and find the right fit for you.

0

Belinda’s Answer

Hi Melanie- Being a nurse is very rewarding and there are many opportunities of choosing a specific field of nursing once you graduate. You should examine each one and decide what you what to do , such as working in a clinic, a hospital, or a nursing home. Each one has it's own good and bad qualities. You may be required to work long hours or a shift you don't like until one opens up. You will be exposed to different diseases and illnesses which put you at risk for contracting. That's why I love nursing. It opens up many opportunities in different places to work. As far as becoming a nurse, the study required is not easy and you must obligate yourself to becoming a nurse if that's what you want. Its not easy, so be prepared to putting in lots of study time and you'll make it. Good luck!

0