What are possible ways to make college more affordable?

I find it very difficult to find ways to pay for college. I don't want to owe a lot after graduating. What are possible ways to help make it cheaper ans easier to manage. #finance #scholarship #money-management

4

Rebecca’s Answer

Always look for free money - grants and scholarships - that does not have to be repaid. One good search engine is http://www.fastweb.com/ . Also, look for paid internships - where you can get on the job experience, college credit and receive a pay check. You will also want to look at the job placement rates for your school/major - when you have completed your education you want to get a good job. Don't be afraid to seek out your financial aid office for assistance. Good luck to you.

0

Carla’s Answer

I worked part-time and attended college part time. That allowed me to pay for college without taking out a loan or asking my parents for the money. It took me a little longer to get my degree, but by the time i got my B.S. Degree, I had no student loan debt.

0

Austin,

I have started asking myself these same questions now that the I have used all of my tuition assistance offered within the military. I have completed over 120 credit hours for free within the military and am not pursueing a MBA that I will have to pay for. I am capable of using my GI Bill which i received from the military but have also started applying for grants and scholarships. Look into a Pell grant and FAFSA.

0