What are the best ways to become a lawyer

I am in 8th grade. I am taking a class called career and tech. My teacher said that I get to choose 3 jobs I am interested in and I decided to choose a lawyer. I hope people respond to this. #career #school #lawyer #students

4

Nitya’s Answer

The first and foremost thing to do is look up Undergraduate Schools that offer Bachelors in Pre-Law
Second, consult with your pre-law advisor in college and prepare for graduate school and LSATs
By the time you are done with this, you will have a somewhat clear understanding of if this is the path you want to choose.

Remember to be sure if you really want this or want to do this.

0

Sheena’s Answer

There is no one set way to become a lawyer...and that's the best part about it! There is no one particular track or major that you need to take. I was a Communications major with a minor in Business, and I felt just as prepared for law school as my colleagues who took the Pre-law/Political Science track. Just study hard for your LSAT and score well in whatever major you choose and you'll be just fine!

0

Glenn’s Answer

Savannah,

I agree with Sheena. At least in the U.S., it does not matter what you get your college degree in. Your admission to Law School will depend on your college GPA and your LSAT scores. Another discriminator at some of the top Law Schools is the prestige of the college you graduated from. So, attend the most prestigious college you can afford.

Once you are admitted to Law School, your success there will largely depend upon your effort, and your ability to reason logically, read with comprehension, and speak and write with precision and clarity. You should consider taking courses, and engaging in extracurricular activities in High School and in college that will develop those skills.

Glenn

0

Rohit’s Answer

Talk to someone in the legal profession and understand what it takes to become a lawyer. There are several branches in law as well.

Look up for colleges that offer undergraduate programs in law and the curriculum they offer. See if you can meet up with the teaching faculty and understand the profession. Most of them could have been practicing or ones who had a law practice and now teaching.

You still have some years left before you join college I guess but good not to let things go off the radar.

Regards
Rohit

0