What are the best classes to take to become a lawyer?

I am a middle school student who took a test that said being a lawyer would be a good job for me. #school #students #lawyer #lawyers #lawyers

4

Sue’s Answer

To add to what Jorie and Folasade said, you may want to consider taking courses in history and government to give you a broad understanding of what influences our society. Cultivate your communication and reasoning skills and a strong work ethic. Mathematics helps to teach problem solving skills, which will be useful in different aspects of law. I encourage you to learn about different legal jobs or careers. That could help you decide if you really want to be a lawyer or perhaps work in the legal field, but in a different position, such as a paralegal.

Select a college major that you enjoy and excel at. Study hard for the LSAT or GRE to earn the highest score as you will need one of these exam scores, depending on the law school to be admitted.

Talk to someone who is a lawyer. Is it possible to spend a day with them to get a sense of what they do?

Good luck.

Sue

0

Folasade’s Answer

I agree with Jorie's answer and will add that you get engaged in public speaking as much as possible to increase your communication skills and boldness. Most law schools require a bachelor's degree for admittance. However there is no specific degree or set of courses required for admission, Nonetheless some courses stated by Jolie can be helpful.

0

Jorie’s Answer

Unfortunately, in middle school and high school, you do not tend to have a lot of choice in what classes you take, but if your school offers any courses related to politics/political science, philosophy, or economics/business, those can all be helpful courses later on. Of course, if your school has law related classes, those would be beneficial, but I'm not aware of many middle schools or high schools that offer those types of classes. Also, if your school has mock trial competitions, a debate team, or student government those may also be good extracurricular activities. You'll have more options in college to take law related classes if this ends up being something you want to pursue.

Appreciated your answer Jorie Folasade Oluwabamiwo

0