Is fashion design a part of the art industry?

Asked San Jose, California

I want to know this because I love fashion design and I also love art. So, I am considering to make a career out of both of them. #art #fashion #artist #fashion-design #drawing #painting #sketching

Vivian’s Answer

Updated San Francisco, California

Hi Sienna,

I'm a total Project Runway fan. If you've ever watched it, then you will see that art and fashion are intertwine. I think when you pursue one, you will naturally do the other. Good luck.

Vivian

Thank you for this Vivian! Its very hopeful for me to see which one I will choose in the future.
Good to hear. Good luck Sienna. :)
Thank you again Vivian!
You're welcome. :)

Annie’s Answer

Updated Oakland, California

You definitely can infuse both art and fashion into a career. Both lend themselves to each other-for example, I like to design shoes and take inspiration from all different mediums of art! I'd suggest taking classes in both and see where it takes you!

Thank you Annie! Do you recommend that I go to school for either art or fashion or should I just take classes for one?