I have an interest to learn Robotics. I am currently studying my 11th standard and will be finishing off my 12th next year. what would be the next steps towars getting a professional degree in Robotics.

I am an 11th standard student and am very much fascinated by the robotic world. I vision to make a robot one day. But i have no clue where to head and where to land. Could you please guide me #engineering #engineer #robotics #robotics-engineer #autonomous-robots #human-robot-interaction

10

Wael’s Answer

The link below is a list of the best robotics engineering schools in India.

http://education.sulekha.com/robotics-engineering_colleges

Thank you Sir Zakir H.

Thank you Sir Rakesh S.

Thank you very much for your valuable advice Yagna S.

You are welcome. Wael Al-Rihawi

1

Col Sen’s Answer

Hello Sameer,

Great question indeed! Your interest in Robotics is commendable and that requires in-depth understanding of science and engineering. I presume that you are a science student with PCM.

Since the beginning, Robotics has been part of Computer Science/Engineering and taught at senior classes in Engineering (B.Tech/B.E in Computer Science/Engineering) and covered under Artificial Intelligence (AI). But higher level of studies/research is done at Masters level only because lot of background knowledge of a very high caliber is a MUST! But there are students who have done good projects on robotics at UG level itself. Though, I spoke of engineering is the best way to do robotics, it does not mean that there is any limitation to do robotics as a normal student and some people have shown tremendous capabilities in robotics. There are some prodigies too who have shown tremendous knowledge and prowess at a very young age like Rohan Agrawal, Saarang and Easton Lachapple. You can read about them on the net.

So best way to be a Robot specialist, do join a good engineering college in Computer Science/Engineering, preferable in any of the IITs/IISc/NITs or BITs, Pilani, Jadavpur University etc. and then do your MS/M.Tech in Robotics in India/abroad and continue. It has a huge potential. For your BE/B.Tech, you must carry out your research as to which institute is best for you.

All the Best!

0