What are some colleges with really good marketing programs, or business programs in general?

Asked Sacramento, California

I am really narrowing down my college list right now, and want to know if there are other schools with good business programs that I haven't found out about yet. #college #business #marketing #programs

Angela’s Answer

Updated Seattle, Washington

You mentioned wanting to be on the East Coast, but if you are open to colleges in the Midwest, I would recommend the University of Michigan which is #2 on the rankings list. I have to say that I may be a bit biased as I received my BBA from the Ross School of Business at UofM. :) I really enjoyed my time at UofM and felt that my classes, projects, and activities at Ross help to prepare me for the transition to the business world post graduation. They also have fantastic career support and recruiting opportunities each Fall (Full-Time positions) and Spring (internships).

Hans’s Answer

Updated Harvard, Massachusetts

Jeff, it's a long way from home for you but I can't say enough good things about Nichols College in Dudley, Massachusetts. They provide an excellent, practical education that employers will look for when you graduate. It's a small school and very rural. If you're looking for something big and in a city, this is not it, but if you want a great education with lots of personal attention in a quiet area with beautiful New England surroundings, it's worth a look.

Wow, sounds like a great college! Thanks! I will definitely look into it. I am looking into Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts, too!

Matthew’s Answer

Updated Irvine, California

Which region of the US are you looking at? Which schools are you looking at already? Here is a good list to start with: http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/business

Currently, I am wanting to go to the East Coast, even though I live in California. I am looking at Northeastern University, UCLA, USC, and Temple University. Based on the link you sent me, USC seems to be the best choice of the three. Thanks so much!
Let me add that the US News rankings of schools is a good starting point to look at business programs, but you should continue to consider the university itself. Many of the top schools in the general undergraduate business rankings are large universities, including the ones you mentioned. If you think a smaller school would fit you better, consider a smaller speciality business school like Babson or liberal arts colleges that have a business major, but not necessarily an entire separate college.
Thank you Justin! Some of the schools I am looking at are in fact on that list, so that excites me.