CalTech-Dream School

My dream school is CalTech i want to become a robotics or electrical engineer. Im an incoming Junior what are some tips to begin preparing or some things that i should look out for? #university #electrical-engineering #university-applications #robotics-engineer #school-counseling

2

Viraj’s Answer

Please talk to your school's academic advisor and take the recommended courses for electrical/robotics engineering.
Choose your classes with care. Certain classes will focus on different areas of this field. If you are interested in a specific area, for instance, one class may lead you into a electrical engineering career; a second into robotics.

With a good coursework in hand, you are getting closer to admission in Caltech.

0

Ken’s Answer

Hi Diana!

If that is your dream school, the next step is to phone (not text or message or email) the head of the Alumni Relations Department of CalTech and ask to be directed to graduates of that school who majored in Robotics and/or Electrical Engineering who might live and work near you so the you might meet them and visit them at work to find out what they do, how they got there, and how you feel about what they are doing.

Also, talk to the head of Alumni Relations at your local community college to gain the same information. Many people in these fields get their start at a community college. The tuition is less and all of the credits transfer and they have great coop and internships programs that will give you experience along with your education.

Here is helpful information about engineering:
http://www.engineergirl.org/

Please keep me informed. I would like to follow you progress.

Thank You for the links and for answering my questions i will definitely contact CalTech, I have done some programs like Girls Who Code, FIRST Robotics, and UCLA Tech Camp which have helped learn more about computer programming and electrical engineering. Once again thank you for the answer. c: Diana M.

Please let me know if this process is helpful. It is very important that you find an area in which you are comfortable and have a good fit and are doing something that you look forward to doing every day. When I was doing college recruiting, the must frustrating thing I encountered was the graduate whom i recruited off of the college campus who found the he/she did not like the career/job that he/she had studied so hard and spend so much money on. Looking forward to hearing more!!!! Best of luck! Ken Simmons

0