Which age group is the best to work with in the field of Psychology?

2

In the near future I'm going to be interested in working with a certain age group on the field of Psychology. I would like to know if it's better to work with toddlers/babies (Neonate-3 Years Old), children (4-11), teenagers (12-18), young adults (18-21), or adults (21+)? #psychology #child-psychology #counseling-psychology #school-psychology

2

Ayana’s Answer

0

Hi Vidal!

Working with different age groups will allow different experiences. Remembering where you were and your mindset at that age can be helpful as well. Each age will offer different challenges and break through points. In my experience, sometimes the experiences that they went through superseded their age. It all depends on what you feel most comfortable with. I suggest interning at different counseling centers to get some experience with different ranges.

Hope this helps!

0

Leslie’s Answer

0

That depends on you! Working with children is different than adolescents, which is different than adults. I recommend you leverage volunteer work and internships to learn which age group you like working with the most.

0