Career Questions tagged School Psychology

Skylar B.’s Avatar
Skylar B. Apr 17, 2018 259 views

Is it best to go to graduate school in a city with a high demand for my particular career?

I am asking because I may have various options in the coming years when I begin to decide about graduate school. #graduate-school #graduate-programs #school-psychology...

#psychology-graduate

Skylar B.’s Avatar
Skylar B. Apr 17, 2018 172 views

As a school psychologist, how likely is it that I would not only test the students, but work with them following a diagnosis?

I want to be a school psychologist, because it involves my three biggest passions: children, learning, and psychology. I ask this question because I have heard that in some instances, school psychologists that work in school systems are only able to administer tests, but are not able to provide...

#psychology-education #psychology #child-psychology #learning-and-development #school-psychology

Vidal A.’s Avatar
Vidal A. Sep 16, 2016 582 views

Which age group is the best to work with in the field of Psychology?

In the near future I'm going to be interested in working with a certain age group on the field of Psychology. I would like to know if it's better to work with toddlers/babies (Neonate-3 Years Old), children (4-11), teenagers (12-18), young adults (18-21), or adults (21+)? #psychology...

#child-psychology #counseling-psychology #school-psychology

Briana P.’s Avatar
Briana P. May 16, 2016 630 views

What are some career routes in child psychology? What can I expect from that career on a day to day basis?

As a graduating high school senior, I will be attending a community college to complete my basic requirements to transfer to a four year university. Although i am a little shaky with choosing a major, one of my interests is child psychology. I feel that with my own experiences with personal...

#child-psychology #psychology #social-psychology #school-psychology

Valeria O.’s Avatar
Valeria O. May 21, 2016 818 views

How's a day in the life of a school counselor? What exactly do they do?

I am a Psychology major and I would love to work with bullied kids and help them overcome the pressure and struggle that is for them to go to school. I am not sure if working as a school counselor is the job that will let me have a better approach to this kids, that's why I would like to know...

#child-psychology #psychology #life-coach #clinical-psychology #school-psychology #counselling #educational-coaching

Clarissa R.’s Avatar
Clarissa R. May 19, 2016 675 views
Laura G.’s Avatar
Laura G. May 19, 2016 827 views

Can I become a psychologist/therapist in another foreign country?

I want to know if I can be or get a job as a psychologist/therapist in another foreign country. I would love to travel to another country to do what I like to do and help out others with their problems. I am mostly interested in Japan and Korea because I know there are teens who are going...

#foreign #languages #psychology #school-psychology

Nora Y.’s Avatar
Nora Y. May 18, 2016 1092 views

In which career in the psychology/therapy fields would ASL and foreign languages be most valued?

I speak 2 languages (including English) fluently and 3 more at varying degrees of functional fluency. One language I know that I think is particularly unique is American Sign Language, which I learned in school and at an academic summer camp. Now that I'm thinking about potential career choices...

#psychology #languages #moral-psychology #american-sign-language #school-psychology #child-psychology #language #social-psychology

Kaedyn C.’s Avatar
Kaedyn C. May 16, 2016 1530 views

I am pursuing a major in psychology this fall, what would be a wise minor to get along with a psychology major?

I understand that it is difficult to get a good career in psychology without at least master's degree (even doctorate, PhD, or PsyD). I want to make myself employable while I am in the progress of getting one of those higher degrees in psychology. I want to minor in something else, so I have...

#psychology #clinical-psychology #mental-health #therapy #psychiatry #school-psychology #college-minor #counseling

Kaedyn C.’s Avatar
Kaedyn C. May 16, 2016 832 views

I am majoring in psychology this fall; besides other psychology classes what courses should I enroll in to best prepare me for my future career in psychology?

I am doing everything in my power to create a successful future for myself, and I believe the classes you take in college can have a significant impact. Before I create my schedule, I want to know what kind of classes will help me improve, and create skills I need for my future career....

#psychology #sociology #clinical-psychology #mental-health #college-major #school-psychology #counseling #career-counseling

Dorean A.’s Avatar
Dorean A. May 13, 2016 867 views

What type of work would a person who has a Clinical Psychology Degree be doing?

I am interested in majoring in Psychology but I am not sure if I want to do Psychology, General or a more specific branch such a Growth and Development or Clinical #psychology #clinical-psychology #therapists #social-psychology #child-psychology #school-psychology...

#moral-psychology