How do I mix my love for writing with the degree I'm getting in psychology?

6

I'm good at writing and want to see if it would work with my career. #college #career #psychology #college-major #interviews #writing

Wow, I love writing! I have been thinking of doing whatever my major will be while having a minor in Creative Writing. Due to the fact that so many people can publish books or any types of writing- but can be unsuccessful in getting publicity. It's more of a hobby that I love rather than something I want to spend the rest of my life doing. Although it wouldn't be that bad if I do! Tiffany S. Translate
6

Keith’s Answer

1

Vera, with psychology, you could blog, you could do a lot of research if you're into technical writing, or you could write for a social services magazine.

great idea, thank you! Vera L. Translate
1

Linda Ann’s Answer

0

With an advanced degree in psychology, you could become a science writer for The NY Times or any of many other legitimate news outlets. Such a career could lead to writing books for the lay population; Daniel Goleman has made such a career for himself. Check out the books he has written at either amazon or Barnes & Noble. He has a number of Ted talks as well.

Good luck with your future career!

0

Felicia G’s Answer

0

Hi Vera! You could always become an author and write self help books or books on your expertise in the field.

Thank you, Ms. Meadows, that's a great idea! Vera L. Translate
You're welcome! Felicia G Meadows Translate
0

Susan E.’s Answer

0

There are several ideas I can offer:
1. Look for Psychology magazines and periodicals to write for, and read their submission rules.

1. Write a mystery novel or short story.

2. Write and read blogs on those psychological things that interest you.

0