Who is your favorite author?

I would love to become a published writer or a veterinarian. animals writing veterinarian veterinary-medicine poetry writer #creative#creater#criticalthinking#author

5

Vince’s Answer

Hi De'Lana,

First off, I think it's great that you're connecting the question of who our favorite authors are with becoming a writer yourself. After all, one of the best ways to become a better writer (besides writing, of course!) is to read, read, read! I like different authors for different moods, but three of my favorite are Brandon Sanderson for my nerdy moods, Malcom Gladwell when I feel like I want to find a new way of looking at things, and Terry Pratchett when I want to indulge in some silliness.

Thanks for the great question!

Thank you for your response. De'Lana H.

0

Gloria’s Answer

Hi De'Lana,

Wow, favorite author is tricky question. I think that the genre matters a great deal to your question. For fiction, I love Nora Roberts and James Patterson. I love to read biographies as well so Water Isaacson is good there. I also like Malcolm Gladwell for non-fiction. These are just the ones that come to mind in the moment. I make sure to read at least 100 books a year just to be exposed to as many people as possible.

By the way, I think that you can be a writer no matter what career you choose. It can be done with anything else. If you want to be a writer, I think that the most important thing is to write, even if it is just for yourself. Make sure to journal to just have a daily practice. In addition, make sure that you are sharing your writing in order to get feedback and constantly be improving.

Gloria

Thank you for you comment I really appreciate it. I would love to read some pieces from these authors any suggestions? De'Lana H.

0

Pro’s Answer

Rebecca S. Duerr, author of Hand Rearing Birds

Thank you for your response and I will try to read some of her pieces. De'Lana H.

0

Samantha’s Answer

My favorite author is Stephen king or R.L Stine.

Thank you for you comment. These are some of my favorite authors also. But I love Edgar Allen Poe for poetry. De'Lana H.

0