When stuck on a topic of coding is it better to try and fail or watch someone just get it right?
I'm asking this question because sometimes when I watch a tutorial about learning a certain way of doing something while I know its the right way sometimes I still fail to understand it
So, stay with it, keep practising and don't give up. Good luck.
My perseverance and persistence made me successful to retire lot sooner than my retirement age.
Why watch someone succeed - follow your instincts and have a mentor. It will travel distance.
We all fail at some point but we learn from it and apply those failures to move forward.
Believe and work hard, results will follow.
If you know coding, it will open many more horizons and many different industries.
1) Don't spend a lot of time struck in a problem(It can demotivate you). let say 30 mins.
2) Read the documentation to figure out what is going on.
- Reading documentation is very good skill to develop, when you face some niche problems documentation is the only resort.
3) Look for solutions online blogs, youtube.
4) Reach out to an Expert.
5) Always make sure to understand the help you get from others.
Having mentioned that, consider having a mentor (senior developer) in the areas you find challenging. A good mentor will help to build and enhance your skill sets.