That said, it is important to pick you major based that are associated with your career goals.
Anthony Kofi Hene-Amoah
Please, note the following, concerning your college major, especially relating to your future business, as regards economics and entrepreneurship :-
1. Consideration of the type or kind of business, you have in your mind for the future.
2. Consideration of your goal and objectives.
3. Building a scale of preferences, regarding various types of businesses you are interested.
4. Your general interest and knowledge in the chosen business.
5. Your interest and knowledge in the chosen major.
Best regards in your vision.
Below is my suggestions :
1. Think about what industry you would like to start you industry. E.g. your hobbies, you interest or anything you have strength on
2. Do research on the industrie s and analyze the industry situation, e.g. any entry barrier, competition status, any substitute, etc.
3. Shortlist the industries that you would like to do business. Suggest you take the relevant subjects in the college as the major and business/management as the minor
4. Explore any intern opportunities in the industry
5. You can consider to work in the industry after your graduation for a while. It can help you to understand the business model and establish the people network. You can earn the funding to startup your business too.
6. Start the business online if possible.
Hope this helps! Good Luck!
It's a great start to be interested in business classes. At least you have your mind set. Next step would be to explore the courses offered at the schools you want to attend. The questions you would want to ask yourself is:
Baljit recommends the following next steps: