What study methods can I use to improve the amount of knowledge I retain?

2

Nicole’s Answer

Review. Review. Review. I can't say that enough. Find out what works best for you by experimenting with different study types. For example, I've had quite a bit of luck with rewriting my notes over and over again. It's a strange system, but I put on a dialogue-heavy TV show that I've already seen and then I sit and rewrite my notes a couple of times in between classes. It helps me retain the material more solidly and the TV show in the background gives me a reference point in case I can't remember something - Somehow I can remember at what point in the TV show I was writing that part of my notes and then as the TV show progresses in my head, I remember the information. It helps to jog my memory. You can also try flashcards - physical or online - create quizzes online - There are tons of free sites that you can use! - or study with a friend. Usually, explaining something to someone else forces you to recognize what you know and what you don't. If you don't know it, then you have to dig until you find it.

1

Jerin’s Answer

HI Parker,

The key is to stay focused and keep in touch with the topic that you wish to learn . Its better to learn little by little than everything at the same time . Its also better to share what you know with others , and when they ask you more questions about a topic then you also end up learning more.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Jerin

0