6
Asked 523 views

I’m trying to figure out how to keep pursuing my passion for teaching and working with kids while also keeping my family happy with a higher paying job… and recommendations?

my sisters being a teacher and they expect me to do something bigger than that because i’m younger?? idk i love to teach and i want that in my career

6

0

Jerome’s Answer

At the end of the day, if you can find happiness in life with teaching and make enough to support yourself, that feels like a life well spent.

Balancing things out with your happiness and your families can be tricky, thinking good thoughts.
0
0

Vanesa’s Answer

To give you a more accurate answer, I would want to ask how old you are. My advice would be different for someone who just started high school, or who will be finishing high school/ starting college.
If you are younger, then I would tell you to keep your passion for teaching and working with kids while exploring other interests as well. For example, maybe you also love psychology. You could be a therapist specializing in children, but that's only one example. If you discover other passions, there will probably be a way to incorporate your love for teaching and children.
If you are older, and you know that you want to pursue a higher education in teaching, then pursue a degree in education. You may have to help your parents see that the career path you choose is your own decision to make. Personally, I have never met a person, who chose a career path to please their parents, who is happy. If you follow your passions and obtain your goal of teaching children, and you still want additional income, then you will find a way to use your skills to bring in more money.
Following your passions brings creativity, and you can use that creativity to find ways to supplement your income.
Thank you comment icon thank you so much for answering !! i’m still an underclass men in high school and honestly you read me like a book, my other option was to me a clinical pediatric psychologist because i love the idea of it. right now i’m doing internships in leaderships skills and teaching children and day camps and becoming a counselor at my sleepaway because i think it’ll help me gain experience and gauge what i want to do with my future. thank you again for the answer it was really helpful cassie
0
0

Karen’s Answer

Don't give up your passion to teach! It's a rewarding career and that can sometimes be more important than money. You can always try to decrease your expenses and create a budget that helps you to meet all of your goals.

While it's good to get opinions from family members, if your income supports only you, then you get to choose what you do.

With every good wish!
0
0

Charly’s Answer

Hi Good morning! Always always do what you love to do and pursuit that by focusness, disciple and consistency. Do your very best positively in what you want to do in you in your life and career. Take it seriously. Prove to your self that you can get high paid in what you love to do, when your success came the people around you, your close friends and your family will start to believe in that. They love you and they want the best for you! Never quit, be genuine and always believe in you. Good luck!
0
0

Jacob’s Answer

Balancing your passion for teaching and your family's expectations for a higher-paying job can be challenging, but it's not impossible. Here are some recommendations to help you pursue your passion for teaching while also addressing your family's concerns:

1. **Open Communication:** Sit down with your family, especially your sister, and have an honest conversation. Explain your love for teaching and your desire to make a positive impact on children's lives. Share your long-term vision and how teaching fulfills you emotionally and intellectually.

2. **Highlight the Value of Teaching:** Educate your family on the immense value of teaching. Teaching is not just about a paycheck; it's about shaping future generations, fostering critical thinking, and making a difference in society. Show them the impact your work can have on students and communities.

3. **Financial Planning:** Discuss your financial plan. Explore ways to make teaching financially sustainable. Look into school districts or locations with better pay or benefits. Additionally, consider opportunities for career advancement in education, such as becoming an administrator or pursuing specialized teaching roles.

4. **Supplementary Income:** Explore part-time or freelance opportunities that can supplement your income. For example, you could offer tutoring services, teach summer camps, or develop educational content online. This can help bridge the financial gap.

5. **Budgeting and Savings:** Implement effective budgeting and savings strategies to ensure you're managing your finances responsibly. This can help alleviate financial concerns and provide a sense of security.

6. **Professional Development:** Invest in your professional development. Pursue advanced degrees or certifications in education, which can lead to higher-paying teaching positions or education-related roles outside the classroom.

7. **Alternative Career Paths in Education:** Consider roles in educational leadership, curriculum development, or educational consulting. These positions often offer higher salaries while still allowing you to make a significant impact on education.

8. **Explore Education-Related Nonprofits:** Some nonprofit organizations offer opportunities to work with children and education initiatives while providing competitive salaries. Look into these options for a fulfilling career.

9. **Volunteer and Extracurricular Activities:** If you can't find a full-time teaching role that meets your financial needs immediately, consider volunteering or leading extracurricular activities related to teaching. This allows you to stay connected with your passion.

10. **Plan for the Future:** Outline your long-term career goals and how they align with your love for teaching. This can help your family see that you're committed to your passion while also being strategic about your future.

Remember that pursuing your passion for teaching doesn't mean you have to sacrifice financial stability. It may require creativity, determination, and compromise, but with careful planning and effective communication, you can find a way to continue working with kids and maintain your family's happiness. Your dedication to your passion can inspire others, including your family, to see the value in what you do.
0