Where should I search for jobs?

Is LinkedIn a good media to find a job? #career #career-choice #job-search #linkedin

LinkedIn is a good resource to do job searches! However, it depends on the sorts of positions that you are looking for and how specific you wish to make your searches. I do not know what sort of positions you are looking for, however there are specific listservs and websites associated with jobs/internships/volunteer positions within specified fields that are better resources. For example, I follow the Ecolog listserv, Conservation Careers, the Wildlife Job board on Facebook and others as I am an Environmental Sciences and Sustainability major. If your university has it, I would talk to your career center to see if there are any sites they would recommend or to your professors. Honestly, finding these sites on your own involves a lot of trial and error. I hope this helps! Ashley H.

5

Karine’s Answer

Hello, LinkedIn is great but i agree with Ashley, again it depends on your field. Then in every location you have different sites. The best network is still your own thought, tell people what you are looking for and create your own opportunities!

1

Xiaozhao’s Answer

Yes, LinkedIn is one of the most useful websites to look for a job.
First of all, you may apply for the existing requisitions directly; After several years of working experience, upon your regular update on your profiles, it is very likely that job hunters or other companies' HR may reach out to you; Also, it is quite helpful if you get connected/acquaintant to the target company employees (alumni, former colleagues etc.) and could easily get internal referrals.
Btw, there are some other useful websites, such as SlideShare, Glassdoor etc. that you can find related information when searching for job.
#career #career-choice #job-search

0

Hanleigh’s Answer

I love LinkedIn because you can easily transfer your resume onto your LinkedIn. I also think that LinkedIn is a great place to find positions because LinkedIn is tied to a variety of different job websites. LinkedIn could also be a good place to begin your initial search for jobs. Once you have found a position within a particular company that you are interested in, you can look specifically at that company's website for more positions.

0

Win’s Answer

I would agree that LinkedIn is a good place to search for jobs. Other web-based job search sites that I like include....
-Indeed
-SimplyHired
-Glassdoor
-Google Careers
-Monster
-Internships.com

If you have a sense of which companies/organizations you would like to work at, most companies will have a job search section on their corporate website that lists available jobs.

I would echo others in saying that your university career center is a good place to seek guidance on the job search process and gain access to an alumni network, internal job board, and advice on the interview process. Career fairs are often available at many schools and provide a good way to connect with companies about their available opportunities.

0

Sarah’s Answer

LinkedIn is a great place to seach for jobs, but not every job is posted on LinkedIn. I would also check the company job websites and other job boards. You can sign up and be alerted when a job of interest becomes available.

0

Karine’s Answer

0