If i wanted to be an Astronaut, what Fields would be best to study for?

I have always dreamt of becoming an Astronaut and going into Space since I was a little kid. Though, I know that I could go my whole Life and not live to see the day when I am floating in a space station and spitting water orbs around. So, I want to pick a field that could easily be implemented into the field, without being so specific that I can't do anything else if the field/dream dies off.
#engineering #space #astronomy #astronaut

1

Navshree’s Answer

Hi Gerano, Great choice!

Let me start with minimum requirements to be an astronaut in NASA, you need to have at lease a Bachelor's degree in engineering, biological science, Physical science or mathematics. Although many Astronauts have Master's degree. Yes, it's a bit hard to get in since only small percentage of people who apply actually get to become astronaut not because they are bad but simple because there are few openings. Read the following article and you'll get a better picture. https://www.space.com/25786-how-to-become-an-astronaut.html Don't forget perseverance and passion will get you there. Good luck</span>

0