How do I apply for grants for my dance ideas?

I will need #funds for my #dance company while I’m trying to get off the ground. #investment #performing-arts #business

For any questions you can contact me at 610 638 9383. I'll be glad to tell more of how and why I think this would be a great idea for your congregation Charles Mainor

9

Ihaiah’s Answer

As you are getting set up, you will want to look for Individual Artists Grants, many of which can be found in your local community. Numerous organizations, like credit unions and local banks, as well as your local Culture Council and Community foundation offer Independent Artists Grants.

While you are setting up your company, look for foster or umbrella organizations, such as Fractured Atlas which will allow you to receive donations from your supporters under their 501c3 status until you are able to get your own.

Unfortunately, there are few, if any, seed grants available to young entrepreneurs looking to start their business. However, crowd sourcing is a wonderful way to build support from y our community, and bring in some funds. Because grant money is so limited and usually go toward companies with a history of community service, your best bet is individual and organizational donations. Do your research and look for for-profit companies that seek to engage the community within your local community. These will be your greatest resource for getting donations for your company. Get to know your community and who you seek to serve through your art as this will be the most important factor in building and eventually getting grant money. You have to put some foot to pavement, and just be persistent. You will get a lot of "no's", but that's just the process. This also gives them the opportunity to know you and to build the necessary relationships to building long term support for your company.

Start small and focus on incremental growth. Big dreams can often lead to big failure if you push for too much too soon. Be mutable in how your company grows. Having a stringent idea on what YOU want is one of the most limiting factors in building the organization. Remember, as artists, and nonprofits, we serve the community.

I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck in your ventures.

2

paul’s Answer

I help the tennager of 11 or 18!

Hey Paul, this doesn't answer the students question. How does apply for grants or funding? Gurpreet Lally

0

Charles’s Answer

Good evening employers looking forward to build my dream of dance choreography performance . In need of support sponsorship funds equip and studiously " I have no rm to do this but such little space at home. I think I would be great for grand opening at any company organization or business. I would love to unite with workers positivity and bring peace and love through my talents for the universe. – Charles Mainor 1 sec ago

Charles recommends the following next steps:

Youths of peaceful protest ENTERTAINING

Hi Charles! Is this an example of something you recommend someone say in order to request funding? I’m not sure students will be able to follow your advice as-is Alexandra Carpenter

0

Sarah’s Answer

I have had experience with dancing for 18 years I have thought for 4. I have also been a fitness instructor. I was a captain of my dance team for 6 years. I have a lot of experience in dance and technique. I am always excited to learn more about dance and it’s opportunity’s.

Good evening employers looking forward to build my dream of dance choreography performance . In need of support sponsorship funds equip and studiously " I have no rm to do this but such little space at home. I think I would be great for grand opening at any company organization or business. I would love to unite with workers positivity and bring peace and love through my talents for the universe. Charles Mainor

0

Deborah’s Answer

Applying for grants is a lengthy process. Most grants or awarded to Nonprofits that are catorgorized as a 501 c3 . If you have a 501 c 3 then you would have to register it and you can then begin to look for grants. A website that you can find many grants would be, Www.grants.gov. You will find a variety of different grants and each grant will list the qualifications needed to receive them.

0

Claryssa’s Answer

Hi what do you need ? I'm dancer

I appreciate your comment. Sarah Smith

0