Should I take a certification for my second language in order to stay competitive?

109

I am bilingual but not incredibly strong at the writing or reading side of the language. I wanted to know if this would be putting me at a disadvantage and if I should take initiative to take a certification to prove my skills.

#foreign-languages #careers #internships #evaluating-resumes #resume #skills

109

JENNA’s Answer

0

The more fluent you are in a language (reading/writing/speaking), the better off you will be. A quality certification (not something easy to pass that you find online, but a reputable, quality institution) can assist you with assessing your language skills and any areas where you need to improve, as well as certifying your ability. Having some third-party verification of your language skills is always an excellent idea for your resume, and taking the initiative to improve any skills is always a good thing. I'll encourage you to increase your fluency level and get certified- good luck!

0