Career Questions tagged Data Mining

Albert P.’s Avatar
Albert P. Mar 26, 2018 417 views

What is the difference between data science and machine learning?

I've been looking into data science careers, and I know that it is closely related with machine learning and big data. I'm confused as to what the difference between data science and machine learning is, and also how big data plays in a part in both fields. What exactly is data science and...

#data-mining #big-data #data #data-analysis #data-visualization #computer-science #machine-learning #computer-software #data-science

Albert P.’s Avatar
Albert P. Mar 26, 2018 553 views

What are the best data science courses/nanodegrees I can take online?

I'm currently a third year computer science major, and I've recently discovered a passion for data science and machine learning. I've been trying to learn more about it, and I've found many online resources (Udacity's data analyst, machine learning nano degrees, Stanford's Intro to Machine...

Mihai G.’s Avatar
Mihai G. Feb 25, 2017 605 views

What are some skills needed to get into Data Science or Statistical Analysis

There is not substantial information out there for free on what it takes to start studying Statistical Analysis. Looking for what books to read that give a thorough understanding of the basics or a outline of the whole process. #finance #programming #data-science #data-analysis #data-mining...

#personal-development