Is it more worth it to apply for and/or receive a large amount of small scholarships or a small amount of large scholarships?

5

It is very time consuming and tedious to apply for one hundred low-value scholarships, but it is difficult for me to write essays for the prompts associated with higher-value scholarships. #scholarships #college-advice #college #financial-services

5

Irina’s Answer

1
Hi Caroline: I completely understand your dilemma! I would recommend sorting the scholarships in a different way vs small-large funding you mentioned. I would rank the scholarships based on how closely they're related to your interests and how likely you'd be to get that scholarship. For example, if you're a poli-sci major, but are applying for a scholarship that *typically* looks for biology majors, that's probably a scholarship you shouldn't put energy into. Hope this helps and best of luck!
1

Olivia’s Answer

1

I totally agree with the above answer. You'll find it much easier to apply for scholarships that are true to your interests. Most importantly, be open to what you can apply for, because any little bit helps.

1

0
I would apply for each and every one. Unless you have a job right now, you are not doing anything to earn money. Spend this time working on essays and apply to both large and small scholarships.
0

Kaylee’s Answer

0
personally a lot because sometimes so many people apply so it is better to have more options but also throw in some big scholarships.
0

0
The high value scholarships are so competitive; your time might actually be better spent on those low value scholarships. Also some of the essays your write for the low value scholarships will be useful when it is time to apply for the better scholarships. Good luck on your journey!
0