What are the qualifications to become a nurse

Updated Lakeland, Florida

Because this is the career I want to have and I would like to have more research on it #pediatric-nursing #nurse #nursing #healthcare #hospital-and-healthcare

Sarah’s Answer

Updated Monterey, California

Kenadrea,

If you would like to know the qualifications to apply to a nursing school program it is best to do a google search. I would search the colleges in your area that have nursing programs. Typically, the instructions and pre-reqs (courses you need to complete prior to actually applying to their nursing program and most colleges want you to have at least a C in these courses but more commonly B's or A's) will be posted. My nursing school also required that we completed a CNA class prior to applying to the program. Each school will have their own requirements. After completing the nursing program (associates or bachelors) you are eligible to sit for the NCLEX based on your states requirements. The NCLEX is an exam that all nurses must pass in order to receive their nursing license. This is a very broad explanation for the qualifications to become a nurse :)

Sarah recommends the following next steps:

• Research the NCLEX and potential colleges you are thinking about applying too. This way you will learn about the different qualifications you must possess prior to enrolling in their programs.