How many years of schooling do you need to become an occupational therapist?

1

I do not mind spending a lot of time in college for a career of my choice but I do want to know how much schooling is necessary to become an occupational therapist? What sort of test would also be encountered through this endeavor? #medical-school #years #classes #occupational-therapy #occupational-medicine

1

Brendon’s Answer

0

Currently, the minimum requirement to be an occupational therapist is a master's degree, however, there are programs that offer an entry-level doctorate degrees. That means that the minimum time is either six or seven years as a minimum. However, most students take a total of seven or eight years as they work to complete the pre-requisite courses. You can find a list of accredited programs here at the American Occupational Therapy Association website.

Of note, the profession of occupational therapy also utilizes "COTAs" who assist the occupational therapist in providing care. They typically undergo 2-3 years of school. You can learn more about OT/COTAs here

Let me know if there is more I can do to help!

0