Is it worth putting all the time and money into going to medical school?

3

I am debating either becoming a medical doctor or a PA. I want the pay and title of a doctor. However, I also am not sure I want to spend all the time and money for the education of becoming one. #doctor #doctorate-degree #phd #student-loans #medicine #doctors

3

Naiara’s Answer

1

Hi Taya,

You are the only one who can truly answer this question! You should look at medical school (or any education opportunity) as an investment with good long-term benefits. If you have a true interest in becoming a physician and passionate about this profession, the time and money that will take for you to become who you want to be is definitely worth anything. The most important question here is: who do you aspire to be and what career will make you the happiest. Then follow your goals :)

1

Syed’s Answer

0
Hi Taya, you're right that becoming a doctor takes a great deal of time, money and dedication. There are many paths in the medical field that take a little less time and money but are still well-paid and well-respected. Physician's Assistants are one, but there is also nursing. There are a few different levels of Nurse, that require differing levels of education. Whichever direction you choose, it's important to go in with a realistic idea of the requirements necessary for that path. But once you feel comfortable that you understand the requirements of the path, you should pursue that path with dogged determination. Early in your undergraduate studies (the first two years), you could take general science classes like chemistry, biology, etc. that would be necessary for any of the different paths in medicine. That way you can be flexible and pivot to your desired path once you know it. I hope this helps!
0