How can I complete medical school while working?

5

I want to be a doctor, but worry about the financial burden of undergraduate and medical school. I am an independent student financially supporting myself. I am looking for tips on how to find a job with flexible hours and navigating school requirements.

#doctor #medicine #premed #medschool -school

5

0
There is no way to have a full time job during medical school. The only people I knew that had jobs were:

A CPA who did taxes during March and April but took the rest of the year to concentrate on studying
A PA who did a one or two weekend shifts per month.
A valet parking attendant who liked to combine his exercise -- running back and forth to cars -- with his job.
0

Andy’s Answer

0

I suggest you talk with the financial aide departments of several possible schools you would be interested in attending. Depending on the school and your specific personal financial situation, there may be a variety of financial resources to help assist.

0

Estelle’s Answer

0
You really cannot work a lot, because med school is so time consuming and often has an unpredictable schedule. Some med students in my class were able to do work-study. One of my classmates was a pharmacist, and he did some work on the side.
If you live frugally, paying back loans can be done quickly--I have many friends who paid off the loans within the first year of practice after residency.
0

sarah’s Answer

0

Be motivated, GET ENOUGH SLEEP!!. remember why you are going into medicine when you get tired on those bad days.

0

Kam’s Answer

0

Working and going to school simultaneously can be a chore! However, you must be disciplined and always keep your priorities straight. Work is crucial in order to gain capital and the money needed to simply survive. But, it's essential that you allow enough time for your studies in order to be successful. Good luck!

0