You are asking a great question. I had the opportunity to do some research and I can across information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics website. If you are planning to explore other occupations that are related to the nursing field, you have the opportunity to consider the following healthcare fields listed below:
1) Dental Hygienists – Salary range is 74,820 and you would need to obtain an Associates’ Degree
2) Diagnostic Medical Sonographers/Cardiovascular Technologists/Technicians/ - Salary range is 67,080 and you would need to obtain an Associate’s Degree
3) EMT’s/Paramedics – Salary range is 34,320 and you would need to participate in a EMT/Paramedic vocational program or obtain an Associate’s Degree
4) License Practical Nurse – Salary range is 46, 240 and you would need to participate in a LPN vocational program or obtain an Associate’s Degree
5) Nurse Anesthetists/Nurse Midwives/Nurse Practitioners – Salary range is 113,930 and you would need to obtain a Master’s degree
6) Physician Assistants – Salary range is 108,610 and you would need to obtain a Master’s Degree
7) Social Worker – Salary range is 49,470 and you can obtain either a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree
8) Respiratory Therapist – Salary range is 60,280 and you would need to obtain an Associate’s Degree
These are the options that you can explore that are related to the nursing field. You can take your time to think about which occupation that you have an interest in before making your decision. This information was found on the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Please take some time to locate further information about these occupations on the Bureau of Labor Statistics website below: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/mobile/registered-nurses.htm. When you are on the website, scroll down and click on similar occupations. You will receive a wealth of information about each occupation.
I hope this answers your question.
Nija recommends the following next steps:
Related jobs include:
Obstetric / Women’s health
Additional opportunities include management as well as advanced degrees such as: