How would you describe the corporate culture??

I want to major in business and plan to go into that field #business #college-major #business-management #entrepreneur

Melanie’s Answer

Updated Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

Hi Hayden!

I believe that the “corporate culture” can be defined by the organization you choose to work for.

For instance, I have been fortunate enough to work for Guardian Insurance Company for 19 years. I pursued a career with Guardian because Guardian’s Values align with my personal values.

1. People Count
  2. We Do the Right Thing
  3. We Hold Ourselves to Very High Standards

For all the years that I have worked at Guardian, these values remain at the forefront of every decision made.

The best advice I can give you is to do your homework. Research the company and learn more about their values surrounding community, equality, education, work life balance, philanthropy, etc. , all of the things that you are passionate about! If the company’s values and missions align with what interests you most, chances are the culture created by the company and its colleagues will be one that you are happy with!

Best wishes!!

Melanie

Melanie recommends the following next steps:

• Research the Company
  • Understand their mission and values
  • Outline what is most important to you in an organization’s culture

Nidhi’s Answer

Updated Bengaluru, Karnataka, India

It would not be wrong if a person who's part of the corporate network answers this. To be honest yes corporate culture is a harsh truth which everyone denies on face but abuses at the back. There are a lot of negative things but lets look at the positives. So in case you gel up with everyone and are more dedicated towards your work then that is the best thing to do. I think corporate culture affects the person who wants to get affected by it. In the long run it's your work that matters and not how sugar much sugar you can coat. So be the best at what you do and leave the rest.