For Video Game Designer, what things would I need to do and accomplish to make myself as appealing as possible for hire at a professional company?

2

I, while having enough dedication and intelligence to go into other fields primarily medical, have always been interested in story telling, character creation and development, and interactive experiences just to name a few. As an avid gamer, reader, and watcher of movies, I really enjoy cohesive visions that involve all the different aspects of communicating a story to the audience. This industry however seems so difficult to get into and I don't know what to do or where to start so that I could break into it. I know that I would be an asset to any creative team having written pieces of fiction ever since I was young in addition to having studying gaming in my free time when I'm not busy with life or playing one. I want to best I can be and to work on a project is my greatest dream. Nothing would make me happier.

#gaming #designer #videogamedesigner #videogames #creativity #storytelling #art #technology

2

Bonnie’s Answer

0

Get busy developing games at Udacity and earn a Nanodegree at the same time

Bonnie recommends the following next steps:

• Contact Udacity.com and ask these same questions of their representative. They have Nanodegrees you can earn and they will help you land a job developing games.
  • Udacity also has free courses
  • I also earned a Nanodegree and the cohort group I was in had students from all over the globe.
  • Since you stay with your same cohort for each degree you establish relationships
  • Get started Udacity.com
0

Steve’s Answer

0
Hi Ethan,

Start with finding a college that offers a degree specifically in this area. For example, the University of California, Irvine has a Computer Game Design degree, check it out at:

https://www.ics.uci.edu/ugrad/degrees/degree_cgs.php

They are also located in Southern California, where many video game companies have their HQ, so you have good prospects there for internships and jobs.

0