For Video Game Designer, what things would I need to do and accomplish to make myself as appealing as possible for hire at a professional company?

I, while having enough dedication and intelligence to go into other fields primarily medical, have always been interested in story telling, character creation and development, and interactive experiences just to name a few. As an avid gamer, reader, and watcher of movies, I really enjoy cohesive visions that involve all the different aspects of communicating a story to the audience. This industry however seems so difficult to get into and I don't know what to do or where to start so that I could break into it. I know that I would be an asset to any creative team having written pieces of fiction ever since I was young in addition to having studying gaming in my free time when I'm not busy with life or playing one. I want to best I can be and to work on a project is my greatest dream. Nothing would make me happier.

#gaming #designer #videogamedesigner #videogames #creativity #storytelling #art #technology

Bonnie’s Answer

Get busy developing games at Udacity and earn a Nanodegree at the same time

Bonnie recommends the following next steps:

• Contact Udacity.com and ask these same questions of their representative. They have Nanodegrees you can earn and they will help you land a job developing games.
  • Udacity also has free courses
  • I also earned a Nanodegree and the cohort group I was in had students from all over the globe.
  • Since you stay with your same cohort for each degree you establish relationships
  • Get started Udacity.com