What courses do I need to take after my diploma to make my profession as an Engineer?

Updated Providence, Rhode Island

I am bit confused about what to be taken after I graduate to become an Engineer. I love this profession and want to make sure I am setting myself up for success #professor #engineer #engineering #college #career #career-counseling

Peter’s Answer

Updated Kent, Washington
I am not sure I understand your question, Nagesh. Do you mean after you "graduate" from high school? If that is the case, you will need to enroll in a 4-year college that grants engineering degrees. You must then successfully work through those 4 years, taking courses in both engineering and supporting disciplines. The College you attend will have counselors that can guide you in the specific courses you will need and can help you choose a specific engineering field (Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, etc.). Pete Sturtevant, PE